Monday, August 20, 2007

phir bi shehr ka shehr hai, main jo hoon yahan.

so today i called up a desi store in downtown manhattan coz i wanted to buy diyas. one of my best friends gets married on saturday and our gang has decided to do a dance with diyas. ive never even actually held a diya before so i wonder how its going to go. neway, so i called up this store and this is the conversation

me( in my nicest and sweetest myena jaisei voice) : hello, do you have diyas?
mean guy on the phone (thereafter reffered to as mgotp) : yes we do.
me : how many do you have and how much are they?
mgotp: I DONT KNOW. I DONT KNOW.
me (completely zapped now, thinking hes kiddding) : err...you dont know? maybe you can..
mgotp: I DONT KNOW. THIS IS MY POLICY. I DONT KNOW.
*then hangs up, doesnt even say bye*

WTH. wat kind of shitty policy is THAT.

either he was in a really bad mood or he really does not know how to do business. im guessing he didnt want to tell me coz it was overpriced and terrible quality too. everything in the city is 10 times the price. the other day i saw kurtas that you get for 400 Rupees in Mumbai selling for 100 USD here.

ridiculous. they really think we are from ali-bhag. (no offence to alibhagers). not even nondesis fall for that.

neway so then i told my friends at work and after some voice modulation classes on how to say "diya", they are each to call that guy and ask for diyas. we will crack him by hook or by crook.

i know, im evil.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP