Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed"-Kent

ive started getting used to the sounds and sights of manhattan. the nicest thing about my studio is that it has two huge oversized windows and from the fifth floor of my five storey bldg I can look out at the high rises. I often wonder when Im about to fall asleep, this habit of mine from when I was young, I often wonder when I look at the lights on in the apts of a high rise building. Is the person just returning home from work? Is another working on a project deadline? Is it a kid whose just scared to sleep in the dark? Is it a couple cooking a late night dinner? is it a parent helping their child complete a school project? is it a couple talking to each other about everything and nothing in particular? is it someone who started reading a book that they just cant put down? is it someone watching the daily show?

often during these wonderments (spelling!) I fall asleep oblivious to the traffic noise. the same noise that would wake me up at 3 in the morning has become like one of those familiar sounds at home like a sibling snoring, like the buzzing sound of the insect repelling machine,like refridgerator noises, like the sound of water running from our aquarium, or like creaking furniture. all without which it would be too too quiet and would take longer to fall asleep.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP